Thursday, June 12, 2014

Maleficent Inspired Makeup



Yesterday was a really a good day! Coz Francis (my hubby) and I went out for a movie date. He really kept his promise. Though we're busy with our baby we still go out together like we're just starting to date. We also can't wait for our dear Draven (our baby) to come with us and watch a movie together. Francis loves those Marvel and DC Comics characters, he can't wait to share it with our son and watch the new sequel someday. Well, for now, he has no choice but to watch Maleficent with me. I told him this is the movie that I've been waiting for since it was announced last year. 



The coolest thing about it is the pizza party prior to the movie screening. 
2 boxes of pizza was just for the two of us, and we finished it in just 10 minutes!
Voracious appetite indeed. He kept mocking me and he told the staffs of that pizza parlor that 1 box isn't enough for me. Quite embarrassing. I'm skinny anyway, no one will believe him...


The movie's awesome. It's more than what I expected it to be. The twist, how Angelina Jolie portrayed her character.. everything's perfect! Plus Lana Del Rey sang the "Once Upon A Dream" soundtrack that we heard at the end of the movie and it's bit creepy for me. I dunno. Just . Creepy. It's like it's Maleficent's voice.


Angelina and Brad's daughter Vivienne made a cameo as young Aurora. I really laughed when she asked Maleficent to pick her up, stared at her and tried to pull out her horns out.


Aside from the beauty of Moors, I'm fascinated by Maleficent's makeup. It's different onscreen than those I saw in picture and movie screencaps. I'm still thinking what lippies should I mix together just to achieve that dark red lippie with a blue based tone.



When she transformed herself into an evil witch her makeup has become heavier.
Smokey brown eyes, thick eyeliners, fuller thicker lashes. Her lips on screen were sometimes matte, but during a close up shot it becomes a bit glossy and glittery. Angelina's teeth were so white yo! They really do gleam!


I'm not really sure if the makeup artist for this movie really used what Mac Cosmetics has launched, or maybe it's just inspired by this movie. The eyeshadow quad's quite nice,I've found out that the shades were a regular Mac Cosmetics eyeshadows compiled into a palette. They're Ground Brown, Carbon, Goldmine and Concrete but I just want
a plain black 4x pro palette than this one . Not really digging those wings.




The packaging seems a like a toy for me, and if I could only have two eyeshadows from the eyeshadow quad it will only be Carbon and Ground Brown. But then I could get a 2x pro palette for a lesser cost and choose maybe just Brown down and Carbon.


Makeup time! Since I have a little free time I'll do what I've been dying to do since last week.
My take on Maleficent's Makeup Look.



 

Products Used

Face


Nyx HD Primer

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
Sugar Skull Cosmetics 10 Correct and Conceal Palette
F21 Powder Foundation
Avon Powder Foundation (for contouring)

Eyebrows
Fanny Serrano Eyebrow Pencil
Brown eyeshadow from Sugar Skull Cosmetics 88 Earth Palette

Eyes

Sugar Skull Cosmetics 88 Earth Palette

Koshize Eyeliner
Etude House Gel Eyeliner
Estee Lauder Lash Primer
Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara
Glintz False Eyelashes #331

Cheeks

 Sugar Skull Cosmetics 10 Correct and Conceal Palette (for contouring)

Avon Powder Foundation (for contouring)

Lips


Pati Dubroff Lip Tint in Violet

Mac Russian Red Lipstick
(mixed together)


 
 


Never ending collage. I just love how it looked on my webcam. I tried to remove my makeup before saying hi to my students. It looks so sharp and fierce I might scare my little kids.



Lady bug nail art from my sister in law Cherry Kong ^_^



What about you girls? Any suggestions for a good lippie combination
that might end up into what Maleficent's wearing on the movie?
Hope you all enjoyed the movie!





No comments:

Post a Comment