Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Gothic Skull Couple Ring

My husband and I have a lot of things in common that we just discovered when we were dating. We both love alternative outfits, or some inspired by rock band with a fusion of punk and goth. We share our love for the color black, hence our wardrobe mostly consists of dark clothing, and we both dream to own a black and white themed house someday. We love leather jackets and boots. I couldn't recall how many boots I've had in the past. The recent one I have looks exactly the same as what I had in college, and I remember in high school I was the only student wearing an ankle high booties, and Mr. Kong got 2-3 more boots that he wore in the past. Boots that were paired with just jeans.

picture taken in 2015, and I personally love our all black ootd
One more thing, we're sucker for skulls. While most people think they're demonic, they have no idea how awesome they are. Most of our clothes and accessories have them and we even passed it down to our kids. I already gave my husband two huge skull rings.

In 2012, my favorite woman, the tattoo artist now a makeup maven Kat Von D, got the most beautiful engagement ring I have ever seen in my entire life. A black diamond ring with skulls. Too perfect I was drooling and puking rainbows just by looking at it. I was so obsessed that I saved and kept pictures of it for years. 

Kat Von D's custom made black diamond engagement ring from her ex-fiance Deadmau5
I remember that same year I was itching to own a couple skull ring. During that time I had an ex-boyfriend that unfortunately never liked the dark side. I still insisted for a custom made skull couple ring though it was too obvious that I sound ridiculous for him. So I guess I was the only one who dig it. **obviously**

so this was the remaining picture of that custom made skull ring. looks kinda ugly though :) pic taken in 2012
After a month of having it and wearing it, we broke up. 
**insert evil laugh** 
(hey even Kat Von D didn't end up with Deadmau5, and that's life)

Well, when my husband and I started dating again in December of 2012, he saw this ring and he wore it on his pinkie finger.

our plain silver wedding ring
We got married in 2013 and we got a boring silver band. I was itching once again for a custom made wedding ring but since it was a too fast and too furious love story, we had no time.

After 4 years, my husband suggested to have a custom made skull ring that would definitely be unique and would perfectly describe us, or should I say our style? Surely it's not gonna be mediocre ot traditional. I suggested a gothic one, maybe with black or red stone. We also considered adding snakes or skeletons or skulls.

Now, look what we got! We ordered them online and received it in a month. I'm so in love with it! Just like Kat Von D's!


Closer look at my ring. That black stone isn't as expensive and big as KVD's, but it's a dead ringer!


 For my husband's, we chose a peculiar one with a black stone. This time you'll see phalanges and metacarpals aside from that cranium, and no mandibles.


So, what do you say? :) This has got to be the best ring I've owned. I want another one with no skulls but more Onyx please.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment