Friday, February 19, 2016

L.A.Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Fleur

Matte lips and lip creams have changed the lipstick game and more and more cosmetics companies have started to formulate and launch their very own liquid lipsticks. It's miraculously well-loved by many, makeup artist, makeup enthusiasts, you name it. NYX Soft Matte lip creams created a storm after it was launched though I haven't really tried to hop into its craze a few years back. It took me a long time to finally realize I need these in my life.

I've had experiences with long lasting liquid lipsticks from the past, and my experience weren't pleasurable. When I was 16 my aunt gave me a long lasting liquid lipstick from Cover Girl and it's called 'Everlast'. It has also a lip balm that you have to reapply once it dries up, and I used it during my college party. It lasted the whole night til the next day, but it was so hard to remove. I had to rub it off or even remove it with cleansing cloths and oil based makeup removers but there's still a lot of residue. By the way, Max Factor has their own counterpart of Everlasting called "Lipfinity". It was also too thick for me and my lips felt really dry and hard. I'm not saying that it wasn't a good lip product, it was actually really good especially if you'll be attending a special occasion and you want your lipstick to stay even if you eat, drink or even brush your teeth. Maybe that time it was too heavy for me as I was still young, and those times I was just more into lipgloss. Take note, I was only 16.

I tried to stay away from lip creams for a decade. Those hype that I always read about Nyx lip creams didn't really tickle my fancy, or maybe I was too busy collecting Mac bullets and other lippies from Etude House and cheaper brands, until lately the hype started again when every mua and makeup enthusiast were raving about L,A. Girl's Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss.

I actually haven't heard much about L.A. Girl. At first it was the same brand/company as NYC, but everything has changed when they released Pro Conceal, which until now I haven't bought any coz I'm still trying to look for the shade I want. In stores it's very limited and more expensive that its original SRP in Western countries. 


When my cousin Nikki suddenly started selling authentic liquid lipsticks and lip creams, she sent me a personal message and a candid shot while she was wearing L.A. Girl's Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Fleur. I was sold in that instant! It reminds me of Kylie Jenner's Lip Kits!


So I ordered my own pigment gloss in Fleur and swatched it first at the back of my hand. It dries up fast and definitely rub proof. Unlike those past liquid lipsticks I had, it was solid with full on color/pigment on my lips without  the feeling of dryness and doesn't feel too thick or heavy. Though it was a bit sticky whenever I pressed my lips together a few minutes after application, it was still comfy on lips and a little goes a long way. Definitely a universal flatterer of any skintone coz I let my co-teachers from an English Academy used it, and I gave them a run for their money as I've sold a lot of tubes of it already through advertising.


It's a matte brownish nude shade with a touch of mauve, and the result depends on your skintone. For a fair skinned girl, the color will come out pretty strong and if applied thickly it results to a bit reddish brown shade. For a medium skintone it's peachy brown like, and for darker skintone it'll become beigey nude.

Here's the swatch on my skin, Again the result depends on your skintone and lip's natural pigmentation.


On my cousin Nikki's lips. It looks more gorgeous on her but unfortunately she prefers peachy pinks or bright reds. 

On my sister in law Cherry. I did a simple makeup transformation on her and used Fleur to match her peachy copper brown eyeshadow and peach cheeks. The result's sweet yet tangy looking.


More pictures of me using L.A.Girl's Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Fleur. Told you it has become my everyday lippie, and I don't even have to reapply as it is smudge-proof, smear-proof, rub-proof, water proof. It can possibly last for more than 8 hours if applied thickly, except brushing teeth. My co-teacher ate and drank with it, and was disappointed when she brushed her teeth after lunch coz it's gone.


I honestly used it mostly at work, when I'm too lazy to glam up my makeup, or for just an appropriate get together with friends and family. When some of my friends saw my pictures on Facebook, they immediately asked me what's on my lips.. and another run for their money! I bet my cousin Nikki's really happy... 
You can purchase authentic makeups here at Sweet Frostings Cosmetics.


Oh and of course I'm still in love with Kylie and her makeup look has influenced most muas on IG and Pinterest! Surely if you have mastered how to contour or even bake your skit through makeup with a gorgeous tan to match, Kylie Jenner's Lip color will surely be achieved using L.A. Girl's Fleur. Honestly I've been dying once again to get a beautiful summer tan that's peachy and will even out my skin tone like this one.

On my wishlist: L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Fantasy!!
Next blogpost: NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams!!






No comments:

Post a Comment