Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Grunge Makeup Look Using Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams


Hi there lovelies! I'm keeping my promise from my previous post and today I'll be sharing with you my grunge makeup look using Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams in Copenhagen and Transylvania. See, it didn't take that long. I just finished my blog post that has swatches, reviews and MOTDs using these two here. I'm also thankful that my son's feeling better now, I just need to make sure he's eating well these days since he lost some weight.

Grunge has been considered as one of those extreme makeup looks not for faint of heart, but since I'm a risk-taker when it comes to makeups, I even paired my dark lips with a dark eyeshadow, winged cat eyes, contouring and strobing. I tried to incorporate all the latest makeup trend these days and tried to see if it'll work on me, or if my skills were mad enough to create it.


My makeup look might be 90's grunge inspired, but not with my top or my hair, I'm not a big fan of plaids so I don't have any on my wardrobe. I guess I'll just stick with my favorite color so basically my ootd is just a black top sans the infamous 90's tattoo like choker.

Using some of my new makeups, my makeup game has become more fun and thrilling. I had a little addiction to strobing thanks to my new Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade from my friend and makeup buddy Sheena. Those finely milled pigments made me I applied this baby three times on my cheek bones, brow bones and cupids bow using a fan brush. Can't really get enough of it! I honestly had a hard time contouring the hollows of my cheeks coz I'm not used to it and I think it's too strong/harsh for my face. I even go easy on doing my nose line these days. If I were to choose between strobing or contouring, I'll pick strobing.


By the way, my pictures were taken by my young cousin (she's only 14 and she's no pro) so please excuse the lighting as some were dark and some were too bright. Again she's no pro and didn't take any lessons or trainings with photography but soon she'll be one badass photographer. :) Coz she wants to. Let me be her lab rat slash subject slash model.



For my eyeshadow it's just the combination of coppery bronze, cranberry and a warmer brown. The combination of these three added a good transition and dimension on my eyelids. It's like it's not too smokey or overwhelming, plus it was enhanced by a matte black eyeshadow and black eyeliner. Brows were set with a pencil liner, and gel liner used as a brow pomade then filled with brow shadow. Contouring + strobing/highlightling + blush for cheeks then the ombre lips where I used the dark purple lip cream on the outer corner then the mulberry shade lipcream on the center.

Makeups I used for this specific look. Yep, tons of it!


Product Breakdown:

FACE

Skindinavia Primer Spray
Mac Matchmaster Foundation
Revecen Face Control Foundation

Revecen Neo Velvet Face Powder
Mac Select Sheer Pressed

Revlon Colorstay Concealer in Light Pale

Skindinavia Finishing Spray

BROWS

Nichido Mineral Eyebrow Powder
Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Mocha
Mac Brow Shader in Ivory & Walnut
Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Sepia Ink

EYES

Sugar Skull Cosmetics 88 Metal Palette

Makeup Geek Badabing
The Face Shop False Eyelashes
Christian Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Corrupt
Kiss Me by Isehan Liquid Eyeliner

CHEEKS

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade
Nars Blush in Super Orgasm
Sugar Skull Cosmetics Blush and Glow Palette
Sugar Skull Cosmetics 10 Contour Cream

LIPS

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen


I'm in love with the combination of Transylvania and Copenhagen. I really think I'll wear this ombre lips more often, and this is actually my first take for this latest lip trend. I was inspired by my fave Kat Von D on how she always pulls of ombre lips with her own lipstick line perfectly.

Aside from this fab portrait shoot I had an opportunity to have a backyard photo shoot with my little Draven. He's bugging us the whole time and he keeps on laughing for no reason on our pictures. It turned out great though. My little boy's goofiness and cleverness really came from his Daddy.

Sharing with you some cutesy photos. I love all of it. So candid yet sweet.
  

Sigh. Being a mommy is the hardest possible task, but look at the perks of it. This little boy drives me nuts. Sometime he makes me really mad at his antics and tantrums (hallmark of being a toddler) but just his smile and giggles can easily melt my heart. 


Hearing his soft little voice calling me "Mommy" is such an exceptional, heart-fluttering feeling. You'll never really know how it feels like until you become a mother. Anyways, my next goal is to make this little naughty hyper boy gain weight, coz after suffering from fever, sore throat and mouth sores he didn't eat well or drink his milk for almost 3 days. But look at him looking oh so healthy in pictures and playful.

After writing this blog post and sorting the pictures, I realized DSLR s*cks really bad and I should just stick with my cellphone's camera. The first ever pic of this post happens to be taken from my fone, but it's the best shot I guess. No more DSLR for me.

I hope y'all liked my grunge-y MOTD plus Mommy-baby moments! More makeup reviews and MOTD next month!

Ciao for now! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment