Friday, April 22, 2016

Summer Makeup: Warm Browns and Peach

Whether I like it or not, it's officially summer now in the Philippines. The scorching summer heat and heat wave has been hitting the country almost the whole day. Hello once again to sky rocketing electric bills coz my son's enjoying the aircon like there's no tomorrow. I guess I'll save more if I take him to a swimming pool instead, or just fill the inflatable kiddie pool with water.

My current favorite summer makeup happened to be my everyday makeup now, and it's purely accidental. Why do I say so? I was just thinking one day about toning down everything (yes you're reading it correctly, TONING DOWN) and I'm thinking of a quick makeup look (errr... would take 5-10 mins?) that would still make me look glowing yet appropriate enough for a daytime wear, especially for an early morning call time/meeting/agenda that doesn't require intimidating cat eyes and bright lips.

Most of you will also agree with me that this sauna-like hotness in the Philippines is definitely one of the worst feeling, and especially for makeup lover/makeup wearer like me. I hate sweating, oiliness and makeup meltdown! Must invest with everything waterproof and tons and tons of primer.

I skipped mositurizer, as always. Though my skin changed from oily to combination, I still hate using moisturizers on my face. I just use a good primer that'll help me combat oil on my T-zone. So for my MOTD here's the product breakdown that's surely prevent meltdown at the middle of the day.


Sorting and trying to look for treasures in my traincase, I'm so used to copper bronze eyes plus peachy pink or pink lipsticks that easily washes off. I'm honestly addicted to liquid lipsticks right now and I don't think I will ever wear my lipsticks ever again, unless I will top it off with my fave liquid lipstick. But then I've found neutrals that were not overwhelming and I'm too happy to discover another perfert liquid lipstick plus lipstick combination.


Just simple and basic. Mac Eyeshadow in Texture, Makeup Geek Mocha, Makeup Geek Corrupt.
I even use my Mac eyeshadow in Texture for contouring my nose and hollow of cheeks. Makeup Geek's Mocha is my eyeshadow and my brow powder, then Makeup Geek's Corrupt serves as my eyeliner. Pretty versatile!


Now this is my favorite part. I love L.A. Girl's Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Fleur, and last year I love BYS Matte Lipstick in Daydreamer. But sometimes my problem is that L.A. Girl's Fleur is too orangey on my lips that sometimes becomes orange red, then Daydreamer is a bit too pale on my lips. What I actually want is just soft peachy lips. Voila! Combining these two is freaking flawless and fabulous! Topping the liquid lipstick with a cream lipstick makes it less sticky as well.


Product Breakdown

FACE

Skindinavia Primer Spray
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation in Sand Beige
Mac Select Sheer Powder in NC30
Revlon Colorstay Concealer in 02 Light Pale

BROWS
Nichido Mineral Pencil in Chestnut

EYES
Mac Texture e/s
Makeup Geek Mocha e/s
Makeup Geek Corrupt e/s
Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Sepia Ink

CHEEKS
Nars blush in Super Orgasm

LIPS
L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Fleur
BYS Matte Lipstick in Daydreamer


Then to set everything in place, just a few spritz of Skindinavia Finishing Spray. Zero touch ups for 6 hours. Well atleast that's long enough. :) Face is just a little dewy on cheeks and nose part, not oily, makeups still there.


Then, I've discovered another wonderful lippie combo that I've posted on my IG account, I'll share it with you soon and a little story of my MOTD that day and how I was inspired to put makeup on.
Hint: (This time, it's full makeup that took half an hour) I'm writing it now so I can publish it asap and give you another great news!

Not really flawless af. The ring light, my fone's camera, the thick cream foundation, contouring
and strobing made me look polished and flawless. Contouring's pretty obvious though. :)

Thanks for reading dolls! Watch out for my next blog post!















No comments:

Post a Comment