Saturday, November 15, 2014

All Ears! Mickey Mouse Themed Birthday Party

I can't believe it has been a year since I received a little angel, and ever since he came our lives have changed. I become a MOM, the hardest responsibility a woman could ever have, yet the most rewarding one. For my baby's first birthday I just prepared a simple family get together. It's like a mini family and friends' reunion.


What we have that day is a Mickey Mouse themed party, which originally and supposed to be is just a red black and white party, which I was so desperate to have. My best friend wants my baby's birthday to be BIG BIG BIG, and whenever there's a special occasion for baby she stresses me out. We've planned and talked about it when she's still in Singapore, and she stresses me even until she comes home.

For baby's big day I've already planned what to mix and match together, thanks to Tumblr and Pinterest, I'm so inspired to make my own creative yet simple D.I.Y parties and more. Of course it won't be possible without my family and friends' help.



My younger brother and cousins made the balloon arrangement and those cupcakes and wonderfully made mickey mouse cake and dessert table were made by my aunt. To tell you honestly I didn't spend much money for putting them all together.


BEWARE: ANOTHER IMAGE HEAVY POST...


Here are the things I used for Draven's Mickey Mouse Themed Party:

Red, black and white balloons from a craft store. I even bought white balloons with red polka dots and black balloon with white polka dots. The air used to make those balloons float were hydro gas, and those balloons filled with ordinary air were just from my younger bro's compressor. We manually put air on each balloons the day before his birthday. For the others balloons, my Aunt Edna manually blew them! Gee! Thanks Tita! Good thing she didn't suffer from hypoxia and low oxygen saturation!

Food with red or black on it. I chose spaghetti as something red, 5 more food from my choice of beef, pork, chicken and fish, and the rest were from the dessert table. I told my aunt I want cupcakes with white icing, with red and black accents on top. Those were actually cut outs from the excess of the fondant Mickey Mouse Cake.


A Mickey Mouse cake of course. I want a cake with Mickey's ears on it, so I told my aunt if she could possibly make one, and the the cake itself should be just plain white with black and red on it. Honestly this is the cake I've been dreaming about, and I was really happy when Aunt Judith made it perfectly. For the red polka dot cupcake stand I just bought it from a store that sells baking stuff.

Mickey Mouse headband with mouse ears for boys, and Minnie Mouse headband for the girls. I originally bought Mickey ears and one Minnie for me, but the night before Draven's birthday my best friend came with more Minnie headbands and a Mickey Mouse costume for Draven, coz of that more guests were able to wear these cute headbands.



Mickey Mouse costume. I've got two, one is I bought online, while the second one was from my best friend. 

Paper plates and paper cups in red or black stripes, or red and black polka dots. It was used for the dessert and for other sweets for the chocolate fountain. There were excess plates and table napkins, I might use them on my husband's birthday this coming December.

Photo Booth as souvenirs, and it'll be fun to see your guest getting crazy at the booth. Still it's Mickey Mouse themed, I choose the lay out for my baby, and the photo booth itself was a present from my three bestfriends.

Tarpaulin. I got it online as the seller happens to live near my place, same as for the mickey costume, the other seller lives near my place too, so they're all cash on delivery. For the lay out of Draven's tarpaulin I was the one who personally choose it, I'm so picky when it comes to details. 

Tell your guest to go with the theme and wear something red, white or black. 

Now for our family picture. This first solo shot of me and my husband happened when we were still decorating the venue. Our baby came shortly with my mom dressed in his costume.


When Draven saw the place and saw his grandfather (my father in law) he was about to cry!
He's too shocked to see his face from the tarpaulin. Though he's only 1 year old he can now recognize himself and his parents whenever he sees us in pictures.


Since for sure he still can't blow his candles, my aunt prepared sparkling candles. 
Draven looks happy and scared at the same time.


MOMMY'S FOTD

Though I was wearing a simple shirt I paired the theme with my makeup and nails. I wore my fave red lipstick and red nail polish. It pops in pictures and even those photos from photobooth. Coz of that most of my friends and relatives tried to borrow the lippie coz they were asking me what lippie was it or what's the shade. Whenever I tell them it's Mac they frown! There were cheaper dupes in the market though, it's just that the only red I have happens to be from Mac Cosmetics.


Products Used

FACE
Nyx High Definition Face Primer
Jazzy Cream Foundation in CF-04
Sephora 8hr Wear Mattifying Compact Foundation in Medium/Peach

EYES
Sephora Custom Eye Palette in Smokey Bronze
Sephora Black Eyeshadow from the Custom Eye Palette for eyelining
Christian Dior Eyeliner in Noir
Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara
Elf gel eyeliner in Black
Koshize eyeliner black
Revlon Eyelash Curler

CHEEKS
Mac Cosmetics Hello Kitty Powder Blush inTippy

LIPS
Mac Russian Red


Nails
Revlon Red Nail Enamel

Top
Moschino Shirt

Earrings
Mise en Dior Inspired Tribal Double pearl earrings

Bag
Coach Sling bag


For my black pants it's a gift I received from my bestfriend, and I also wore the spiked high tops I got from Sunny Sisters.

PHOTO FLOOD ALERT!!!!
These are my favorite photo booth photos :)


my dad, mom and my baby Draven

my cousins wearing their minnie mouse headbands

my family (mom, dad, younger bro) with our new addition: my baby & my husband

my husband's family (with his dad, bro and sisters)

with my cousins and my baby pulling my younger bro's hair

my best friend Kitty, James, and Draven in a Minnie Mouse headband


and how I missed my high school friends!
here's a beautiful shot we got!


We all enjoyed this special day and I've uploaded more photos on my Facebook to share it once again with my friends and family. I'm looking forward to plan and prepare another party like this. At first they thought I was too excited and insane for buying too much and preparing a month ahead. When they saw the results they said the theme's really unique. I've received a lot of messages on Facebook about the details of my baby's birthday party, where did I get some of the stuff and more coz they also want to do the same theme for their kids. I'm glad I could help them and I referred them to those business contacts I had. I also gave my aunt's contact number to them coz they all love the cake! Well for me everything went well, and we all had fun! 


I wish I could do another one, a Minnie Mouse party! It's ok if it's not for me or for my second child as I don't have plans yet to have another one...

Next party I'm planning will be my cousin Jana's Frozen Inspired party for her 7th Birthday!!

If you would want to have the same theme for your child's party don't hesitate to ask me for some tips and party ideas. I'm willing to help anyone. Hope y'all like this long post.





No comments:

Post a Comment