Friday, January 23, 2015

Sweet Screams: Monster High Spectra Vondergeist Inspired Makeup

Sigh. They're all growing up. Seeing them turn into young ladies make me think that I'm so old already. Yesterday my cousin Micah turned 11, and threw up a simple Monster High Themed party. I don't know what's with my family these days that we're into themed parties. It started on my son Draven's first birthday, then Jana's Frozen Themed party and now this. Unlike the first two birthdays I've mentioned this one isn't planned well, but then it was spiced up by the cake made by my aunt and a makeup for young girls inspired by the characters from Monster High. Since my aunt can easily make cakes into any character that you wish, we all now look forward to our birthdays. I'm still thinking what cake do I really want for my own 
birthday...
I'm a big Monster High fan and maybe if I'm still a bit younger I'll collect all the dolls and I will throw up a party with the same theme. Most of the dominant colors were fuschia pink, dark purple, royal blue, midnight blue and black. The ghouls were all uniquely created with one of a kind names inspired by spooky characters. I know Halloween's over and I was supposed to do the same makeup look for Hallow's eve but then I was too busy. Now that I'm given a chance to do it again I was really excited for Micah's birthday.
Taking all the colors for inspiration, here's my Spectra Vondergeist Inspired Makeup. It's actually hard to have those big doll eyes and I don't want to wear dolly lenses or too thick false eyelashes, so I just took all the colors that could possibly represent Spectra through my makeup creation. Atleast we have the same eyebrows and face shape.
Spectra is the daughter of ghosts. She can pass through walls and hear conversations in each classroom so she knows every latest gossip from Skull Shores. Her favorite color is purple and she has a best friend, her pet named Ferret Rhuen. She's my favorite from Monster High, and the others were as badass and as awesome as her.
A photo of my paraphernalia that day. We were at my grandma's terrace, a perfect place to hang out with young girls and do their makeup. I'm a young at heart and I get along well with younger generation. You can also say I'm still immature for my age, but it doesn't hurt if people or random strangers think you're only around 18 or 21. With my height and body build I can say kids these days were really bigger than me.
Another solo shot of my Spectra inspired makeup. Camera used was from iphone. We're supposed to use a DSLR camera from Canon but the memory card has been corrupted. The color payoff's still great in broad daylight. No false eyelashes used, and just a minor cheek contouring enough to be appropriate for a day makeup.

Products Used

FACE
NYX High Definition Foundation Primer
Estee Lauder Cyber White Liquid Foundation in Cool Beige
Origins Mineral Pressed Powder
Sugar Skull Cosmetics 10 Correct & Conceal Palette

EYES
Sugar Skull Cosmetics 120 Rainbow Palette
Sephora Custom Smokey Palette
Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Corrupt
Estee Lauder Lash Primer
Estee Lauder Sumptous Mascara
Nichido pencil eyeliner in Black
Etude House Code B gel eyeliner in Strong Black


CHEEKS
matte medium brown eyeshadow from Sugar Skull Cosmetics 120 rainbow Palette
for contouring cheeks
Mac Hello Kitty Powder Blush in Tippy

LIPS
Pati Dubroff Lip Tint in Violet
Wet n' Wild Megalast Lipstick in Pinkerbell
Lavender eyeshadow from Sephora Custom Smokey Palette

Here's me doing my cousin Carlyn's makeup, still having the inspirations taken from their chosen MH characters. There were more young girls who joined the fun, had their makeups applied and took hundreds of selfies using their latest gadgets. Kids these days were really far from the 90's kids..

The before and after shot


Carlyn chose Venus Mcflytrap and Micah chose Elissabat Hauntlywood

I chose Draculaura for my cousin Jana for the cute heart on her cheeks.


Frights, Camera, Action!
 

 The three of us: Micah, me and Carlyn. Jana's nowhere to be found once again.

With a poker face, my baby wants to say 'hi'!

January has been really good. Full of birthdays, parties and family get together.
See you all for another colorful February post. Today's really cold I should be taking a shower now or else, I might endure a chilly water and suffer hypothermia. Adios!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment