Thursday, January 15, 2015

Imaginary Snowflakes on a Sunny Day: Frozen Themed Party and a Makeup to Match

Time flies swiftly and here goes my little cousin who turns seven a few days ago.
I could still vividly remember how small she was at the nursery and held her in my arms and I even bottle fed her for her first milk. She's growing fast and she's turning into a beautiful young lady. Last year I did Frozen's Elsa Inspired Makeup on her. Still a Frozen movie fanatic, she wants a simple celebration on her birthday with of course having a Frozen inspired theme. Here's her cake made by my Aunt Judith. She also did the Mickey Mouse Themed cake on my son's first birthday.



A 7 year old girl shouldn't be actually wearing makeup but she really wants to have her face done, even her dad agrees to glam her up on her big day. Since she's too young I just want a vibrant, fresh makeup look for her with glitters and shimmers, I even added glitters to her hair so she doesn't need to get a blonde wig just to be like Elsa. I've seen a lot of young girls getting a blonde wig, and I don't think it's cute...


Just like the last time, it's so hard to do her makeup. She asks a lot of question and couldn't keep still and stay on her seat for more than five minutes. It's like every two minutes she has to stand up, and check if her classmates have arrived. I have to nag her and call her name several times. Her hair and makeup was supposed to be done for just 20 minutes, but it took us an hour!

and she's about to sneak again.. going towards the direction of the door...

Here's the final result for Jana's sheer glittery Elsa Inspired FOTD and OOTD: Fresh and youthful


Products Used

FACE
Nyx High Definition Primer
Jazzy Collections Cream Foundation applied sheerly with a flat top brush
F21 two way powder foundation
Sugar Skull Cosmetics 10 Correct and Conceal palette


EYES
Sugar Skull Cosmetics 88 Earth Palette (gold and shimmery vanilla)
Etude House Tear Powder in Crystal Gold Tear
Estee Lauder Lash Primer
Avon Extralast Mascara in Black
Revlon eyelash curler


CHEEKS
Mac Hello Kitty Powder Blush in Tippy
Etude House Tear Powder in Crystal Gold Tear

LIPS
Wet n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in Pinkerbell
City Color Lip Lush Crayon

I don't have a solo picture of her and more pictures of how's the makeup applied on her face. Why? coz I couldn't find her after doing her hair and makeup. She's running around, playing with kids, and running again. I don't want to chase her coz I'll just get tired of it, she won't stop for sure.

I did the same look for myself and replaced the lip products with my favorite Mac Please Me lipstick. Here's my selfie. Sorry but I don't always carry digital cameras or dslr's with me. I have no time for those, and even no space in my bag. Just a good camera phone will do for me, and of course now's the era of smartphones that are meant for good selfies.

A zoomed out version: Just a wash of eye colour, pink lips and glowing cheeks


Zoomed in: Glitters! Shimmers!


I'm afraid I'm falling in love again with shimmers, glitters and gold... Should I say goodbye to matte eyeshadows? But I've just bought two matte Makeup Geek eyeshadows... let me think for a while! Well then, It's currently 3am here and I gotta hit the sack! Thanks for reading ladies! Adios!







1 comment:

  1. What a lovely cake you ordered dear!! Well, I think these types of cakes are also perfect for summer parties too. My friends are planning to throw a summer party in next few days at some New York city party venue. Then, surely I will order this type of cake.

    ReplyDelete